Monday, November 8, 2010

Lesson 6: Canvas Page

To view video for this lesson:
From 10-10 movies3
Page 2:
  • Use lace die cut paper and lay over the canvas page. Spray with Shimmerz then remove the lace paper and you're left with a pretty pattern. This is called a mask technique. Also, spray your white flower layers with Shimmerz. Let dry.
  • Cut a 4"x6" from cardstock. Border punch the bottom.
  • Crop down your photo to fit inside the cardstock to leave about a 1/4" on the edges.
  • Attach to the center of the canvas page with a pin in the top left corner. Add two ribbons to the pin tied in a singe knot. Add a ticket in the bottom right corner of photo and 3 of your flower layers when they are dry. Attach a rhinestone to the center of the flower.
  • I use foam squares to attach to my canvas page.


(Back side of Page 2: Canvas Page)
  • Cut a 5 1/4"x 3 1/4" piece from turquoise patterned paper. (Sparkling Season)
  • Attach 3"x5" photo inside cardstock. Either a horizontal 3"x5" or two photos at 2.5" x 3". Leaving about a 1/4" of cardstock on the edges.
  • Tie a ribbon to the pin that is showing through from the other side of the canvas page.
  • Adhere ruffle ribbon, ticket to the canvas page. I used foam squares. You can use fabric glue or hot glue.

10 comments:

  1. I love using shimmer mists. I am really looking forward to getting my hands dirty with this tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! love the masked look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving using the mixed mediums for this album. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and cool techniques with us Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of the techniques I am learning in the class! Thanks Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love all the techniques I am learning in this class.

    --Marilyn, Northern VA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz, I'm so excited for all of this! Did you make the header for this blog? I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lizzy,
    How did you create that red ribbon rose on the back of the canvas page? Did I miss a step? Or will it be a technique later?
    Thanks, Szilvi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Szilvi-

    I'm pretty sure it's just a cut peice of the pink ribbon in the kit.

    if you did not get the kit check it out here:
    http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop/american-crafts/91546-dear-lizzy-lovely-ribbon-card/?filters=_dear+lizzy+ribbon_%2Fribbons-fibers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I guess I got it. Did you made it of the smaller flowers we painted red with shimmers?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, thanks Nicole, you must be right. I got the kit so problem solved. :D

    ReplyDelete