Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lesson 9: Ruffle & Back Cover

Supplies Needed:

Ruffle Page:
  • Two 5"X7" horizontal photos or scratch paper to attach photos later.
  • Two 1"x12" strips of fabric paper

Back Cover:
  • Journaling Stickers
  • Ruffle Ribbon
  • 2"x3" vertical photo
  • Foam Squares
  • Pen
  • Thickers
You may also watch the video here: as another option.




PUNCHING the holes:

-I have a video for punching the holes and putting together your album next but some of you are eager to get these holes punched. Which is awesome!
-No need to be concerned about the acrylic page... it won't crack as long as you are at least 1/2" from the edge.
-Here are photos with the measurements.
  • First, mark the chipboard, acrylic & canvas pages 2" from each edge and 1/2" in.
  • Then used my crop-a-dile to punch the holes. You can use any tool that punches through chipboard.
  • Then use your chipboard page as a template for the envelopes and other pages.
  • Center the envelope onto the chipboard page and mark where the holes should go.
  • Then punch the holes.
TODAY'S ASSIGNMENT: Finish up the last two pages.

yay! thanks!


7 comments:

  1. Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! I don't want class to be over!!!! This is TOO much fun! Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My album is all finished. Just have to add the journaling. Still don't know if it will be in French (children's mother tongue) or English (mine).

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go Lilith! If you upload the pics somewhere send us a link...! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so we can see how beautiful it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw sad!! But I'm also so happy I have this beautfiul mini book complete :) Actually that's not true, I'm still waiting on my cropadile to punch the holes. Hopefully will arrive next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finished it!!! I couldn't wait and posted about it on my blog! {photographs} I realized i left out the tag..but will add that in later! I SOOOO loved this class!!!

    http://bouncingbonbon.blogspot.com/2010/11/unlock-your-story.html

    ReplyDelete