Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Lesson 7: Thoughts & a song


If you think about all the stories and all the photos on your computer or tucked away in shoe boxes... you tend to feel overwhelmed. Then a lot of times when we are overwhelmed we either loose motivation, because the task seems too large. Or the same overwhelmed feeling can stifle our creativity and excitement to be creative. Push all of these thoughts aside!

Because you signed up for this class you should be proud of yourself!
Because you are going to tell stories from a chapter in your life.
Because you are documenting a handful of photos that you wouldn't have otherwise.
Even if this is one of your first mini albums or one of many- it is a great success!
Yay!

I was listening to one of my favorite songs the other day and one of the lines in the lyrics stood out to me:
Let your memories grow stronger and stronger
Until they're before your eyes

That's how I feel when I look through mini albums and scrapbook pages or even look at photos... The memories are brought to life. They "grow stronger and stronger until they're right before (my) eyes."
Oh, I love that.
Makes all the work and time worth it. Knowing someday my girls or Collin will open up their scrapbook and feel the memories brought to life!

Glad you're enjoying the class. Have fun. Keep it up!

Feel free to listen to the song I quoted above while you get creative with your mini album: Regina Spektor "The Call"

8 comments:

  1. Ooo, good song! I am LOVING this class. I sat down last night and filled in all my journaling. And you should have seen me massaging that spritz mist into my flowers -- ha ha! Thanks for such a wonderful class. You have a lifetime customer right here. Ann Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song won't play for me but that's okay. I am so glad you talked about feeling "overwhelmed" when thinking about all of those photos that haven't been scrapped! I feel this way all the time lately (especially with the end of year and Christmas looming)! And getting photos scrapped is the major reason I am doing this class right now, it feels great!
    BTW, LOVED the felt album you did in yesterdays post, any chance of doing a class like that??

    ReplyDelete
  3. The song won't play for me either but that's ok I will "you tube" it.I also love your felt album it's fantastic,regarding your instax camera I see there is different styles eg.mini7,mini25.What do you recommend?I haven't seen them here in Australia so I'm on the hunt for one!I won't one now!!!! lol
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this song! I am so glad you posted it. I am also so glad you talked about being overwhelmed. I just haven't been able to create stuff that I like lately, and I am so excited about this class but still haven't started! I couldn't figure out why, but you hit the nail on the head. I just feel overwhelmed with everything, and it's hard to focus when your brain is in 20 places at once! Thank you for the encouragement and this amazing class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lizzy, I have just got into scrapbooking and was wondering what other mini books have you made? I love the class so far and would like to make more but I am stuck on what to do

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna take the felt class too! ;) sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cant play the song either,but thats fine i bet its lovely.I am all up to date with my album and am loving it crazy!!I would love the felt class as well hehe!
    :)

    ReplyDelete